Monday, December 14, 2009

Update

Just thought I'd give everybody another update . . .
I did not reach all of my goals that I set for last week. :( I finished the Dowell kids photos and I now have all of the previews up to this point up on the blog, but I did not get a chance to finish the Durrant Family pictures like I had hoped (sorry!).
So - goals for this week:
-finish the Durrant family pictures
-start working on the Buchanan family pictures. I would like to finish these pictures this week as well, but I don't want to say they will be finished and then have it happen that they don't get done. So for now plan on the Buchanan family pics being finished by the beginning of next week and if they get done sooner (which I hope to be able to do) then all the better. :)

Also, I'm changing the process of when I do previews for all sessions done from this point on. From now on I will post your family preview on the blog when it is time to edit all of your family pictures. So when you see your family preview on the blog, you'll know that I'm working on your pics and you should expect to receive your edited CD soon after (in most cases - within a week).

For 2010 I will only be booking 1-2 sessions a week (once I am able to speed up the editing process I will book more than 1-2 sessions on SOME weeks). Just a little info about me that may help you to better understand why I don't want book more sessions than that (you can skip this part if you're not really interested, lol.). . .
#1 reason - I'm doing photography for the fun of it! I'm a stay home mom to 2 kids and I love it! I started getting more into photography recently (in June of this year) and really found it an enjoyable hobby - something that I could get out of the house and go do and get a break from the kids and have fun. Until my kids have out grown me and don't want me around anymore - I have no intentions of making this a full time job. Another thing about me - I LOVE TO LEARN! I want to learn everything I possibly can about photography whether that be through reading books, hands on experience, photography courses, or whatever. Learning new things and trying out the things I learn is what keeps me going. I need to allow myself plenty of time #1 for my family and #2 to keep learning. I don't want to feel like I'm just out snapping the same pictures and doing the same things over and over again - and I don't think that any of you want me to be doing that either. That would get boring and I don't think I would want to do this anymore if that's all that this became. Which is why I need to allow myself enough time in my schedule to learn new things.

I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may cause to any of you when it comes to scheduling.

Just FYI - I am currently booked to the end of January. I don't know how popular February will be for family pictures, but if any of you (or any of your friends or family members who are interested) would like to schedule a session to do spring pictures you may want to book soon to make sure that you get a session at the time that you would like it. The pricing list for all the different types of sessions is on the website - audreyphotographyonline.com. Whatever price is on the website at the time that you book I make note of it on my schedule next to your name. So even if your session isn't scheduled until July, the price at the time of when you called and booked your session will be honored (just thought I would clear that up, some people had questions about that when my pricing recently changed).

Thank you to all of you! You have all been so kind and so patient through all of the bumps I have hit that have made things take longer than they should. I have really enjoyed meeting ALL of you and I hope to see you all for pictures again in the near future.

I will continue to give weekly updates to let you know when your pictures will be done until I have all of your pictures finished. I hope you all have a great Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment