Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Send Me Your Email Address (If you'd like)

Here's a little update of what's going on right now . . .
I came across some obstacles that slowed me down in getting editing done . . .

-My website took a lot more time out of my days than I had originally planned on (which meant less time to edit).

-We were out of town last week for Thanksgiving and unfortunately my computer is a desktop, not a laptop, so our total of about 26 hours of driving couldn't be spent editing (although I did get to read a photography book that I had been wanting to read for a while, and I got the chance to transfer my schedule into my new planner - up until then I had been using free printable calendars off of the internet and there were notes all over the pages and post-its stuck everywhere - so now I feel much more organized and hopefully I won't feel so scatter brained anymore, lol).

-I got a new camera!! Which is awesome! Although it brought with it another thing to slow me down, that I hadn't planned on. Currently when I take pics (I take them in RAW) I first load them onto a program called bridge and then I use the camera RAW program to do some adjustments and then I turn it into a jpeg and finish it in photoshop. I had planned on switching to a program called viewnx (instead of bridge) as soon as I had the time to sit down and learn how it works. Well, when I shoot in RAW on my new camera and I try to load it on to bridge, it doesn't work for some reason. I can only bring up RAW images in the viewnx program when they are taken on my new camera - so I need to learn my way around the program before I can edit those pics (which shouldn't take too long - but is definitely going to take time away from editing).

So . . . my goals for the rest of this week are:
-Finish The Larson Family pictures
-Learn my way around the new program (viewnx)
-Get as many previews up on the blog as I can (I will have 5 previews that need to be put up by the end of this week) . . . to learn why previews are one of my priorities please keep reading :)

I'm SO SORRY for the delays. GOOD NEWS - I blocked out my schedule (as far as scheduling new photo shoots goes) for the rest of this month, so I could catch up on all the editing.

The reason I'm making blog previews a priority is so that if any of you would like pictures for Christmas cards, I can email you the same pictures that are on the blog (which generally is 1 family picture, 1 couples picture, and 1 picture of each of your kids)- then you can have pictures in time for your Christmas cards. If you would like me to email some pictures to you please email me at audgeag@hotmail.com and let me know your name and email address or you can call me at 801-717-8353 to give me your email address (If you email me, I will respond to let you know I received your email - if I don't respond, then please call me).

Again . . . I'm really sorry for the delays, but thank you for your understanding and patience while I work out all the kinks!

No comments:

Post a Comment