Thursday, November 12, 2009

More for Mindi :)

Here is some more pics for the Barker family preview!
And about that funny story . . .

So, the place we took pictures at was an old farm. Farms smell like cow pies, it's just a fact of life. I saw an old rusty looking trailer thing and thought it looked like it would be cool for some pictures, so I walked over and checked to make sure there wasn't anything inside. It looked like it had hauled some "dirt", but it looked like it had been swept out pretty good. So I tried to get some of the kids to come over for a picture and only one of the kids was willing to get in, and a couple of the others kept telling their mom that it smelled really bad. I don't know if it's cause I was recently sick, or what, but the whole place smelled faintly of cow pies and it didn't smell any different to me over there. So I didn't think anything of it, and we went on taking pictures. As we went to leave, we walked past one of the farmers on our way out and he had this huge grin on his face. He stops and talks to me and Mindi and says, "ya know, you're the first photographer we've had who wanted to take pictures of the manuer truck", and then he kind of laughed. I was so embarrassed! But we all got a good laugh out of it. I learn something new, or a better way of doing things, or I get new ideas and such every time I take pictures. The biggest thing I walked a way with on this occasion . . . I learned what a manuer truck looks like and NEVER to take pictures next to one again! haha.







3 comments:

  1. Thanks Audrey - these are great. I love the coloring of Kelsea's picture (our oldest girl) - it looks like it is out of a magazine. How did you do the background in Keira's picture (our baby)? It's really unique.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a texture/color - it looks sort of like a piece of scrapbook paper before you put it on the picture. Once it's on the picture I just erase it off of the parts of the picture I don't want it on (like on Keira). They're kind of fun to use to add a little extra something to the picture sometimes.

    ReplyDelete